[Tutor] Re: GUI die when execute sys.exit() (D-Man)

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:29:16 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 04:14:40PM -0500, Peter He wrote:

| I used 'GUI die' in my last question. What I actually meant is that the GUI
| freezes. GUI is still there but you can't close it and no response when you
| click the buttons on it. So I have to restart Python to get rid of it.

The question is "which gui?" -- is it your gui (that you made with the
sample code) or the PythonWin gui?  In either case, PythonWin and IDLE
and other IDEs don't work with GUI apps.  Just use python directly
from the command line (DOS shell).

-D