[Tutor] Language truce

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:42:06 +0100

> Ah, yes.  I should have realized, we just started going over classes
> in my java course last night.

Classes are the equivalent.

> easy.  But, the file-reading and data storage parts are more
> interesting.  In C, I would just use a struct and a linked list and
> write/read the structs to/from a binary file -- I've done all that
> type of stuff before.

In Python the nearest equivalent is to use the pickle module
which looks after writing objects to files. There is a struct
module too but that involves much more work and seems best
suited to reading/writing binary dfiles that must be shared
with non python apps.

> A class is probably the way to go.  Might be a little while before I
> get a handle on that, though.

You can try my tuor page ;-)

http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/tutclass.htm

Alan g