[Tutor] RE: Remco Gerlich's response to my plea for help with widgets and a clock

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:22:07 -0900

Hello Charles:
	I'd like to put in a plug for some books:
I'm a newbie and am really "biting the bullet" by both
learning python and simultaneously designing a class in
python: Also am totally new to tkinter ....
1)Alan Gauld's book:  Learning Python etc....
   Has an introduction to GUI programming with a case study
   using it.
2) Van Laningham : "Teach yourself Python in 24 Hours" goes into
    it in more depth. - the last third of the book is focused on tkinter
3)Grayson: Python and Tkinter programming is fully dedicated to the
   subject and is quite advanced.