[Tutor] Python Daemon(Service)

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:27:30 -0800

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:19:07 -0900, Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>  wrote
about Re: [Tutor] Python Daemon(Service):

:I've been moving away from windows programming, but I think the key word
:is
:Service:
:For this to happen on windows, the application (or python script) would
:be installed as a Service.

When you say "service", you're talking about WinNT or Win2000. I don't think
that would apply to Win98 (like I run).

:I've got Mark Hammond's Book here.
:(Python on Win32s).
:I will look through that later on today and let you know what I find.

Please don't go to too much trouble on my account. I am mildly curious, but it
isn't anything I will be doing in the near future (read: before June at the
earliest).

I am mildly surprised at the very Unix-centric trend that recent responses
have taken. Eventually I think I will get a new computer (within the next year
or so), and when I do, I think I will put a dual boot option on it, and have a
Linux drive. But for now, I am without. (I am only mildly acquainted with
Unix: took one university programming course in C++ on Unix systems...and host
my website off of a Linux server.)

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/