[Tutor] Python Daemon(Service)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:34:13 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Sheila King wrote:

> I am mildly surprised at the very Unix-centric trend that recent
> (within the next year or so), and when I do, I think I will put a dual
> boot option on it, and have a Linux drive. But for now, I am without.
> (I am only mildly acquainted with Unix: took one university
> programming course in C++ on Unix systems...and host my website off of
> a Linux server.)

For a lot of us,  we're hard-core Unix people. The reason I never answer
Windows questions is pretty simple: I've never been a Windows user. Never
owned a Windows machine. Right now, I run Python on Linux, Solaris and
MacOS.

I would welcome someone who was very familiar about Python on Windows and
wanted the commitment to become one of the official "Tutors" (Wesley Chun
and I are the list owners).

The number of Windows users asking Windows-specific questions on the list
has been rising. While I'm not a fan of Windows, I consider this a Good
Thing and just part of the wider adoption of Python.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams