[Tutor] Python Daemon(Service)

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:08:46 -0900

Hi:
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
<snip>
> I would welcome someone who was very familiar about Python on Windows and
> wanted the commitment to become one of the official "Tutors" (Wesley Chun
> and I are the list owners).
Aha!! Now I know who to personally thank ..... This is a great list.
Thank You!! Dierdre

> The number of Windows users asking Windows-specific questions on the list
> has been rising. While I'm not a fan of Windows, I consider this a Good
> Thing and just part of the wider adoption of Python.
And hopefully they will continue to rise..... python offers options to the more
expensive (and sometimes very manipulative)  vendors....
 don't have any windows-specific projects coming up, but when I do see them, I
know Python is going to play a big role. From what I have seen of Mark
Hammond's work (Python on Win32s), he has gotten a lot of exposure to the
windows api there for the taking.

Dieirdre, perhaps there is someone with the ActivePython group or the Starship
group that could get involved?
Regards
 --
Tim Johnson