[Tutor] Hi all.

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:12:51 -0500

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 10:45:30PM -0800, Danny Yoo wrote:
| On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 senum@singnet.com.sg wrote:
|
| > Hi..thanks for the replies.First of all i tried the list but it didnt
| > work. Anyway i have a few questions..any replies would be greatly
| > appreciated :)
|
| (Try to sign up again later; it appears that the web interface isn't
| working at the moment.  You'll receive replies to your own messages, but
| you're missing out on the other messages addressed to the general tutor
| list.)

FYI, this isn't always true.  If the person replying selectes "group"
reply, a copy will be sent to the list and to the sender (and anyone
else in the To and CC lists as well).  If the person replying selects
"list" reply, a copy will be sent only to the list, and to anyone
listed in the Mail-Followup-To header.  AFAIK not many mailers have
list support so it shouldn't be much of an issue.  I use mutt and,
unless explicitly requested in the mesage (and in this case since you
may not be on the list yet ;-)), use "list" reply instead of "group"
reply.

If you are signed up on the list, you will get a copy of the message,
as sent to the list when I use this feature.  When people use "group"
reply you get a copy addressed to you AND a copy addressed to the
list.

-D

PS.  Just in case it isn't clear, I'm not complaining about broken
     mailers ;-), just informing readers of the whole story (as I know
     it)