[Tutor] Speaking of Linked Lists...

Kalle Svensson kalle@gnupung.net
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:42:00 +0100

Sez D-Man:
[snip great stuff]
> The list that python has built-in is somewhat linked I think, but I
> haven't checked the source for it.

Well, I got curious and checked.  It seems to be implemented as an array of
PyObject pointers, grown as needed, and not a linked list.
Then I read how list.sort() is implemented, got scared and left. <0.9 wink>

[snip]
>               At least he can take his time and isn't being graded on
> it.  It's a real headache when your pointer manipulation and book
> keeping isn't quite right and the lab is due by midnight.  (Ok, so the
> data structures course was taught using Eiffel, but it had references
> to manipulate, you just don't get segfaults)

Pha, give me pointers any day.  They had me reading human-computer
interaction! <0.6 wink>

Peace,
  Kalle
--