[Tutor] I didn't do any input inside my gui interface since I could not fugure out how to do that.

Charles Gruschow, Jr. gruschow2@hotmail.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:03:33 -0600

I didn't do any input inside my gui interface since I could not fugure out
how to do that.

I can figure out how to do the basic widgets.

I can not figure out how to use them for input purposes.

And if I did use them for input purposes, I dont see how you could change
values whenever you wanted.  For example adjusting hours or minutes or
seconds on a particular clock up and down whenever you wanted with say scale
widgets.

Scale widgets are the worst about this, I can do a button that does a
callback to show current value of scale but that does not help me at all
with using a scale widget as a means to set hours or minutes or seconds on a
clock which should be adjustable whenever one wants it to be with very small
scales for each value.

The only way I can see me understanding how to do this right (these input
widgets, especially the scale one) is to see example code somewhere.

So what I ended up doing was have the user enter initial values from the
command console dos-like window, and used the GUI interface to show the
clocks and some descriptive labels.

Charles Gruschow

gruschow2@hotmail.com