[Tutor] Windows Programs vs. Text-Cell Graphics

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:45:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Remco Gerlich wrote:

> Ncurses. Curses (and ncurses, "new curses") is a library for putting
> text on some place on a terminal (or screen). Writing directly to
> video memory is silly, this is not the 80s... Curses is cross
> platform, works over Telnet, etc.

Ncurses is wonderful, but the python support for it is very poorly
documented. I once took a stab at it and basically just decided to give up
for now. I prefer ncurses apps actually.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams