[Tutor] ensuring a __del__ method happens

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh@valinux.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:04:09 -0800 (PST)

> Just a note: IIRC, /tmp/foo-pid names are vulnerable to race conditions.
> Better use a more random name, I think.

This is not an issue for this program.  The item created is a directory and the
way this program is used problems will not occur.  But thanks for the sanity
check.

I am rewriting the existing code base from perl to python.  The perl code is
all functions, the new python code is mostly OO.  The perl code has worked for
4 years but is showing its age and is making new features difficult to add.