[Tutor] Formatting Numbers as Strings

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:37:01 +0200

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:20:33PM -0500, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> When I do that [actually, locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL,"us")] I get
> 'locale setting not supported.' What do I need to do to get it
> supported? I'm running debian and the 'locales' package is installed.

I don't know. I don't have any locales installed, and standard GNU libc
locale support sucks (read the end of 'man setlocale', for instance). Maybe
"us" is not the right string, "en", "en_US" or something like that might be
better. Try to look inside the locales package, maybe there is a list
somewhere... I was hoping an expert would enter the thread :).

Did setting it work on a Windows box?

--
Remco Gerlich