[Tutor] Need some help with some Basic TKinter stuff

Corey Woodworth cdwom@mpinet.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:27:47 -0500

I'm brand new here, brand new to python, and brand new to programing in
general (I bet you get these alot :) Anywho. I've learned enough to tackle
my first big project: A bigger badder Notepad. I figgured it'd be an easy
project to start with, but it could progress to something very difficult, so
it'd be my guide to learning python. I've peeked at the IDLE source a bit,
and thats helped me alot, but there are still a few things I don't know how
to do (probably a lot more than a few):

1. How can add Copy Cut and Paste to an edit menu? I know how to make the
menu items, I just don't know how to assign them to Cut, Copy, and Paste
actions.

2. I know that you can askopenfilename and asksaveas to bring up premade
Open and Save As Dialogue boxes. Is there a similar one for print?

3. How can I add Keyboard shortcuts to menu items? Particuarlt Cut, Copy,
Paste, Save, and Open if they are prebuilt, but I'd also like to know how to
generate my own (for ex. If I added custom menuitem and wanted a shortcut to
it)

ummm.. thats all I can think of for now, I'm sure there will be tons more.
This Python stuff is great though!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Corey

Check out my Webpage at: schitzomedia.y0ru.net
and vote for the top 10 games of all time!!!