[Tutor] How do I use calldll and windll?

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 04:38:07 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, spi wrote:

> I'm just beginning at python so i have no idea why the order would be
> important,
> in fact windll imports calldll but for some reason, if I do it
> in that order it works otherwise I get nothing

The same sort of dependency on order happens when working with ODBC stuff,
at least when I last tried it.  The documentation always said to do:

###
import dbi
import odbc
###

in that particular order.  Strange though, because windll does import
calldll, so I can't see why it doesn't work.  Hmmm... I must remind myself
to install Windows one of these days to test this out.