[Tutor] Few simple question.

Bruce Sass bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 3 May 2001 00:03:25 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Mr. Razak wrote:

> Actually I'm new in this language, so I really sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

Python itself does not include commands for this sorta thing, but
there are a lot of modules to handle whatever type of display you
need.

> 1). I want to know how to change colour, i mean how to used colour in python language.
>
> 2). How to used coordinate system, or may be there is a module i can used to help me. For example on the computer screen at a location row=5, column 35, I want to print 'Hello world'. How to do that.
>
> 3). How to create box and how place it on the computer screen on the desirerable location.

Hmmm, are you referring to a text display?
If so,
you can get python bindings for S-LANG...
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/python-slang.html
...newt...
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/python-newt.html
...and ncurses...
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/pyncurses.html

These URLs will take you the Debian package pages, which contain links
to the original source tarballs.  I'm pointing you to "unstable",
refers only to Debian's binary packages, because that should be the
most recent source releases; you could use "testing" or "stable",
which may get you older releases of the source.

S-LANG is good for unix and win32, I'm not sure about the others.
ncurses is packaged with the most recent Python release (2.1).

HTH

- Bruce