[Tutor] FieldStorage solution summary

Lance E Sloan lsloan@umich.edu
Thu, 03 May 2001 10:22:41 -0400

Daniel Yoo wrote:
> This is nothing big; I'm just trying to interpret what it means to:
>
> dictcat("hello world").
>
> *grin* I think it's a great idea to merge dictionaries and FieldStorages,
> since they both serve the same purpose of mapping names to things; I just
> thought it was unusual that one of your test cases stuffs weird things
> like numbers and strings into the argument list of your dictcat().

Oh, I see what you mean.  I wrote the function to operate on
FieldStorage and dictionary objects and it just happened that it
"ignores" other types.  I suppose it would be better to throw an
exception when those types are passed to it.  I'll probably add that
soon, then.

--
Lance E Sloan
Web Services, Univ. of Michigan: Full-service Web and database design,