[Tutor] Python internals.

Benoit Dupire bdupire@seatech.fau.edu
Tue, 08 May 2001 10:11:38 -0400

it's up to me to ask something to the Python gurus out there...

One of the BIG difference between Python and C++, except for speed, is
that Python is dynamic and C++ static.

Thus, i can define in Python new functions on the fly and take advantage
of features such as
myString= 'a=19+3'
exec(myString)

But myString could also be a new function.

My question is the following: how does Python internally create a new
function dynamically, although it's implemented in C, where such
features are not allowed (static) ?
How are Python functions implemented in C?
My question might have no sense, i know. . .

Anyway.. i am just curious...

--
Benoit Dupire
Graduate Student