[Tutor] 15 puzzle

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Wed, 9 May 2001 17:12:53 +0200

On  0, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:
> random.shuffle() is new. It was not in 1.5.2.
>
> When it is suggested that a new feature be used, it might be a good idea
> to mention the fact that it's a new feature. Or is 1.5.2 considered to
> be so old now that no one should be using it?

Well, I didn't know it was new, I also found out about it only recently.

How old is 2.0 now? 8 months? We can't keep giving 1.5.2 solutions forever
when the 2.x series has so much cool and useful stuff...

We should have some sort of consensus on it on the Tutor list though.
For now I usually mention the old way to do it, but in a few months I'll
probably stop that, unless people explicitly mention it...

--
Remco Gerlich