[Tutor] Embedding Python in C

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 13 May 2001 03:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, KonradRawlik wrote:

> I have the following problem and hope that somebody can help me with it.
>
> I was trying to run simple statement strings from a C programm, by
> PyRun_SimpleString() . But it wouldn't even compile cause I got the link
> error
> ' cannot open file "python21_d.lib" '. Now the problem is, there is no
> such lib with the Python 2.1 pack I downloaded, so why isn't it there
> and where can I get it, or am I making something completly wrong? I'm
> using MSVC 6.0.

I sounds like it's looking for the debug version of the Python library.
However, instead of getting the debug library, you might want to turn off
MSCV's debug mode off altogether: from what I've heard, it's not useful at
all when writing Python extensions.

The Python web site has the following written about it:
"Python-2.1-Debug.zip is a set of DLLs for Windows developers compiled in
debug mode; it contains nothing of value for regular Python users."

Still, if you need it, you can download it here:

    http://python.org/ftp/python/2.1/Python-2.1-Debug.zip