[Tutor] Manuals/books

Hermit hermit@erie.net
Mon, 14 May 2001 05:43:12 -0400 (EDT)

I am new to this mailing list and have interest in learning Python.  I am
a Linux user (Red Hat distro), and would appreciate the advice from
the seasoned Python programmers on this list as to which book to buy so I
can have a learning tool as I attempt to learn Python.

I have been a fan of the O'Reilly books for some time now, but also noted
"Learn to Program Using Python" by Alan Gauld.  I get the impression that
Mr. Gauld is the local Python guru around here.

I am a beginner, and seek the recommendations of those who would recommend
a good starter book.

Regards,

Dick Williams