[Tutor] input() doesn't work in IDLE?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 18:41:56 +0100

> This is a known bug in the version of IDLE in Python 1.5.2.
> It is fixed in later versions,

> I'm not sure if these new versions work with Python 1.5.2,

There is an IDLE0.6 version you can download as standalone.
Basically unpack the new IDLE files into a new folder then
swap names with the existing IDLE folder and it will work
OK with 1.5.2

Anyone with my book will find the updated IDLE on the CD
along with a more detailed text file describing how to
install it....

Alan G