[Tutor] How Can Install Python 2.0 and 2.1 on the same machin e?

Karim Yaici karimy@nipltd.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:41:02 +0100

First, I'd like to thank you all for your valuable replies,

> You can also creayte a new right click menu item to run
> in either version of Python - say run2.0 and run2.1.

Just for reference,  I explain what I did:
1 - Go to Settings -> Folder Options
2 - Search for 'Python File', click on 'edit'
3 - 'Add' a new action, call it 'Open with Python 2.1' and in the
'Application' field type in:

C:\Progra~1\Python21\python.exe "%1" %*
(The above line may change according to your installation path of Python)

Voila, now, whenever you right click on a python file you'll have the option
to start the script with either version.

Cheers,
Karim