[Tutor] Re: Zope

Stephen L Arnold sarnold@earthling.net
Sat, 26 May 2001 13:30:19 -0700

On 23 May 01, at 15:39, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

> At 5:46 PM -0400 5/23/01, Timothy M. Brauch wrote:
> >I'm just curious, does anyone use or know much about Zope?  I'm
> >starting to look at it st for fun (oh god, did I just say that?).
>
> Zope is so specific that you're better off getting info on a Zope
> list. That said, I know enough about it that I'm not a fan.

You're right, Zope is relatively specific in it's intended purpose,
but it seems to fulfill a pretty broad set of web-centric
applications.  While it doesn't meet the Big Book of Universal
Requirements, it's got some pretty cool and well-implemented ideas.
 From what I saw at Python9, the next Zope architecture should be
way better.

For something less monolithic, and more to Deirdre's liking :) you
could check out webware:

http://webware.sourceforge.net/

I had bookmarked it way back when, and then promptly forgot about
it (doh!) but when I saw Chuck Esterbrook's talk at the conference,
I was extremely impressed by the clean modular design.  Very cool :)

HTH, Steve

Steve Arnold                            sarnold@earthling.net
                                       http://arnolds.dhs.org
Java is for staying up late while you program in Python...