[Tutor] stuck with html table

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 14:10:31 +0100

> > >     return result1 + "</tr>"
> >
> > Here's the line that returns the /tr...
> > indented to be the return value of then nrested
> > function???
>
> I'm not sure what nrested is,

A typo, I meant nested. You need to indent that
return statement coz just now its being seen as
the return of your top level function.

> but I'm using local functions as mnemonics
> to increase code readability.

Why bother? What does nesting give you over just
defining them in the same module. OK, I know
they give some namespace protection but it seems
a marginal advantage here. Creating a Table class
would be a better option IMHO. (Better still use one of the html generating
modules that are available