[Tutor] Daylight saving time issue

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:51:58 -0800 (PST)

On 07-Nov-2001 Titu Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am trying to determine a given date is in dst or
> not. For instance, if i have month(mm), day(dd),
> year(yyyy) information plus the beginning (00:00:01)
> or ending (23:59:59) of this day, i would like to
> determine the given date/time is in daylight saving
> time. To make the situation complecated, i also have
> to consider the day when day light saving time occurs,
> which is in Oct and April each year. Any suggestion is
> very appreciated.

I typed "when is daylight savings time" into google and found this:

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/

Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United
States at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of April.
Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the last
Sunday of October. In the European Union, it
starts at 1 am the last Sunday in March, and ends
the last Sunday in October.
Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its
territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American
Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the
Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana,
and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian
Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation
participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy,
due to its large size and location in three states.