[Tutor] Pmw = ok; blt = -&)))#1&%!!

Gregor Lingl glingl@aon.at
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:29:26 +0100

Dear Pythonistas!

After having installed successfully Python - MageWidgets and
after having run partially successfully the  All.py - demo
I ran into a problem when trying to install blt - which is
necessary to execute some of the option sin All.py ( and which
I'm rather interested to use):

I'm running Python 2.1 in the ActiveState-flavour (including Tcl/Tkinter)
under WindowsNT 4.0

I downloaded blt2_4u-for-8_3.exe

and then tinkered around a lot of time without success,

The installer ran "successfully", but I seem not to know where to
install the things correctly (Perhaps the installer doesn't know that
I want to know them with PythonŽ).

It installs 3 subdirectories:
    bin
    include
    lib
but not in the correct place.
It doesn't seem to modify then registry (hopefully).

So All.py complains still with:
"I'm sorry, but btl has not been installed" ... or similar

My dir-structure is:

C:\Python21\
      DLLs
      Doc
      Lib
      libs
      Pmw
      pygame
      tcl\
           tcl8.3
           tk8.3

( and more ...)

Could anybody help with hints
   - if I downloaded the correct file
   - what to enter when asked for the install-dir
   - how to get it to run

(Dirty question, I assume)

Thanks in advance
Gregor Lingl