[Tutor] Problem seeing NT networked drives

Blake Winton bwinton@tor.dhs.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:52:47 -0500

* alan.gauld@bt.com <alan.gauld@bt.com> [011118 18:46]:
> > I'm having trouble viewing shared, networked (WinNT) directories from
> > Python. The usual DOS commands work, e.g. :
> I suspect you might be best using WSH Filesystem objects
> (I assume you are on a Microsoft platform?)

Oddly enough, the solution was found to be far simpler than
that...  You just need to not expect isdir() to return true
for things which aren't directories.  ;)

There is an ismount() function which returns true for mount
points (like \\computername\sharename).

I remember being quite confused by this the first time I
started messing around with network drive stuff in Python.
Perhaps we could put it in a FAQ somewhere...

Later,
Blake.
--
 10:52pm  up 86 days,  6:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00