[Tutor] Parsing non-uniform strings

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:02:24 -0800 (PST)

> You can see that there is some uniformity, but not much. At this point I
> would like my students to retrieve the date, time, and temperature. (See my
> Web page for details about the particular fields.)
>
> Does anyone have some general advise about parsing data like this? This may
> be biting off more than my students are able to chew at this point.

A fellow recently released a program called GoWeather which is a weather app
for the agenda handheld.  It was a combo of a C++ based viewer and a perl based
parser.  You could review how he did it and duplicate it in python.  I suspect
a well written regex along with some other string splitting will tame this one.