[Tutor] question?

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:09:45 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, james middendorff wrote:

> I know this may sound weird but I was wondering if there was some sort
> of online class that would give you assignments for learning python to
> help me learn because I have read "Learn to program with python" and
> its hard for me to think of applications to make, so if there was some
> sort of structured class where someone said or e-mailed me or
> something and said please work on this I think that would help me
> learn to program alot better.

Ah!  You might want to look at the problems in Useless Python:

    http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonsource.html

Rob Andrews has been accumulating problems that people can work on to
apply their Python skills:

    http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonchallenge.html

Pick one and run with it.  *grin* Or look at some of the scripts that
people here have been writing, and your muse may tap you on your shoulder.