[Tutor] Really Newbie! (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:20:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jeff,

You probably meant to post on the Tutor mailing list.  You can do this by
emailing "tutor@python.org".  The email "tutor-admin@python.org" only goes
to the admins here.

I'll forward your message to the rest of the list.

Good luck to you!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:16:05 -0500
From: Jeff Jones <thejoness3@home.com>
To: tutor-admin@python.org
Subject: Really Newbie!

Hello,

I am a real newbie to the programming world; therefore, I have a million
questions. I will start with just a few. First, I am using O'Reilly's
Learning Python and the book tells me (as well as other tutorials) that I
need to set my system environment path. However, I am am not exactly sure
what the outcome of performing this action will be. Should it allow me to
run python modules and programs from the C:\ prompt? Secondly, What are
the major differences between the different text editors? Which one might
you recommend to a newbie? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that takes the
time to help the ignorant.

Jeff Jones