[Tutor] how does one poll the keyboard?

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:17:24 -0800

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:08:19 -0500,
> Andrei Kulakov <sill@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 03:05:17PM -0800, Jeff Shannon wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it *has* a keywords system, at least the online version...
>
> Doh.. I missed that option, sorry. It really ought to be on by default..

Yeah, it should be.  Perhaps we should bug the python.org maintainers?  :)

> > Also, the ActiveState distribution comes with the help as a .chm file, which is fully indexed and searchable by keywords.  This may or may not be available separately, I'm not sure... but it is *very* useful!  :)
>
> chm is windows help file isn't it?

Yes, .chm is microsoft's "compiled html" help file, and it does require using MSIE (bleah).  Obviously, this does no good for Linux/Mac users, but it *does* make it worth having IE installed, for Windows users.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International