[Tutor] Vim scripting using Python? (Was "Re: Really Newbie!")

programer@iquebec.com programer@iquebec.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:22:41 +0100

I know Vim, but I didn't know that it should be driven through Python-scripts.

May you give some URL about it, please?

Thanks in advance.

At 01:34 26/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>The 2 most popular editors are vim (www.vim.org) and emacs (emacs.org).
>I personally prefer vim, which is incidentally is also scriptable in
>python, unlike emacs. However, both are rather complex, so if you don't
>figure them out right away, you should probably use one of those
>slightly souped-up editors like notepad+ or ultraedit.. They're almost
>as simple as notepad but give you extra niceties like syntax
>highlighting, etc.

  ___  | Dubuquoy-Portois
<*,*> | G.-Joachim L.
[`-'] | gjldp@iquebec.com