[Tutor] Python program, seg. faults and dies

Lance E Sloan lsloan@umich.edu
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 10:20:18 -0400

A colleague of mine was written a Python program that causes
a segmentation fault and dies under Solaris 2.6.  I ran it and
got it to produce a coredump file, but I'm not sure how to get
the Python program and core file loaded into the debugger, GDB.
I've done so with C programs, but GDB says it doesn't recognize
the Python program as an executable.

If anybody has experience with this, could you drop me a line?

--
Lance E Sloan
Web Services, Univ. of Michigan: Full-service Web and database design,