[Tutor] Monty? (2.generation python)

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:32:59 -0400

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:05:05AM +0300, Risto Per=E4nen wrote:
| How do I get information of internal structures of Python.  I'm
| fiddling with a _HUGE_ game project which uses C++ as basic/root
| language. As we all know, python is fantastic scripting language but
| everytime you create new type with it the python requires
| recompilations.  Furthermore, I haven't ever liked doing C++ with

All you need to do is compile your extension module, and relink it (at
runtime).  You don't need to rebuild python itself.  Python uses
dlopen() to open new extension modules at run time.

| plain C :) So I really would like to use C++ without any goddamn
| macros as root language with project.

Alex Martelli is a C++ guru (and Python guru on comp.lang.python) and
really likes Boost Python for extending Python with C++.  There is
also swig and other tools to semi-automatically wrap your C/C++ code
as a python extension module.

-D