[Tutor] PIL Install Question

Joel Ricker joejava@dragoncat.net
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:22:50 -0400

From: "dman" <dsh8290@rit.edu>

: | Not sure.  I can check.  Is Debian a flavor of Linux?
:
: Yes.  If the file /etc/debian-version exists, then it is a debian
: system.  There is something similar in /etc for RedHat boxes, but I
: don't know what it is called.

The /etc/redhat-release file contained the information "Redhat 5.1
(Manhattan)".

I check rpmfind and found these rpms:

      python-imaging-1.1.2-3mdk Python's own image processing library
linux/ia64 linux/i586 linux/i586
      python-imaging-1.1.2-1mdk Python's own image processing library
linux/alpha
      python-imaging-1.1.1-2mdk Python's own image processing library
Linux/ppc

I'm thinking that none of these apply to the version of Redhat I'm using
correct?  I looked up by Vendor and found only about dozen rpms for Redhat
5.1.

Thanks
Joel