[Tutor] running programs

Chris Nally Chris Nally" <cnally@ritewayindustries.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:40:22 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C15095.A6FF8F80

    I am learning to program, I have chosen Python as my first language =
to learn.  My question is, I have written some command line programs =
(small programs) and I would like to run them on a different computer.  =
How can I do this without installing Python on the second computer?  =
Basically how do you package programs to run on other computers as =
"software" without actually installing Python to run them?  For =
instance, if I wrote a Python program with Tkinter how would that =
program be packaged to be installed and run on a computer?

Thanks,

Chris Nally
Louisville, Kentucky

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C15095.A6FF8F80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am learning to program, I have =
chosen=20
Python as my first language to learn.&nbsp; My question is, I have =
written some=20
command line programs (small programs) and I would like to run them on a =

different computer.&nbsp; How can I do this without installing Python on =
the=20
second computer?&nbsp; Basically how do you package programs to run on =
other=20
computers as "software" without actually installing Python to run =
them?&nbsp;=20
For instance, if I wrote a Python program with Tkinter how would that =
program be=20
packaged to be installed and run on a computer?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Chris Nally</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Louisville, Kentucky</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C15095.A6FF8F80--