[Tutor] running programs

Andrei Kulakov ak@silmarill.org
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 07:47:25 -0400

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 07:40:22AM -0400, Chris Nally wrote:
>     I am learning to program, I have chosen Python as my first language to learn.  My question is, I have written some command line programs (small programs) and I would like to run them on a different computer.  How can I do this without installing Python on the second computer?  Basically how do you package programs to run on other computers as "software" without actually installing Python to run them?  For instance, if I wrote a Python program with Tkinter how would that program be packaged to be installed and run on a computer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Nally
> Louisville, Kentucky

There's py2exe and something else of that sort but really, the easiest and
most common option is to simply install python on that computer. If you
want to save hd space, forget it: python is small and in py2exe and such
it's simply packaged up into an executable - you don't save any space
anyway.

 - Andrei

get it at: cy.silmarill.org