[Tutor] Reuse output line on stdout

Bob Lunney bob_lunney@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

Total Python newbie here.  I have a loop that reads
and processes lines in a file.  I want some feedback
so I have my script print the line number under
process to stdout.  Since these files can contain
several hundred thousand lines how do I get Python to
reuse the same line on stdout, i.e. I don't want a
newline/linefeed at the end of the output line, I just
want to increment the line number on the input as it
increments in my for loop.  Any way to do this without
resorting to Tkinter?

Bob Lunney