[Tutor] Re: Developing GUI-programs using IDLE

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:37:54 -0400

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 03:54:21PM -0700, Kirby Urner wrote:

| >version. If you use NT or Cygwin then you get the last
| >command recall etc. So its quite usable...
|
| Are you referring to Python in shell mode, or the
| the OS command line?

Pyhton in shell mode, iff it is linked against GNU readline.

| Ordinary WinME (not sure about 95/98) has a doskey
| buffer of previous command lines.  You can launch

95/98 do have the previous command via F3, I think, and the same one
char at a time with F1.

| doskey if it's not the default.

Doskey (or its predecessor Commando) rule when the shell doesn't
provide it natively.  (that is, MS shells, bash already has readline)

-D