[Tutor] Re: Developing GUI-programs using IDLE

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:41:11 +0100

> Are you referring to Python in shell mode, or the
> the OS command line?

Sorrey, not clear. I meant the shell mode.
Yes DOSKEY is a big help but doesn't work in
Python unfortunately whereas in NT it does.

> is quasi-unusable as an IDE, in my experience.  But
> maybe in NT or Cygwin this limitation goes away?

I haven't actually tried cygwin python but I believe
it has full GNU readline capability so is as good as
an xterm...

NT isn't that good but at least you get up arrow
command recall and basic line editing which is a
big help...

Presumably soon WinXP will finally offer these to
home users too!

Alan G.