[Tutor] RExec woes

lonetwin lonetwin@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:41:18 +0530

Hey Scott,
  Dunno anything about rexec expect that there is a HOWTO about it at:
http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/rexec/rexec.html

also from the rexec doumentation:
at http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/rexec-objects.html
under
16.1.1 RExec Objects

 """Methods whose names begin with "s_" are similar to the functions
beginning with "r_", but the code will be granted access to restricted
versions of the standard I/O streams sys.stdin, sys.stderr, and sys.stdout."""

Hope that is what you were looking for (things do slip by once in a while I
guess :))

Peace
Steve

On Tuesday 23 October 2001 22:03, you wrote:
> I am trying to use the rexec module and am a little confused. I wish
> to change the stdout within the rexec environment to be a StringIO
> instance so I can grab any output the users' commands generate and
> pass them back to them. However, I am compeletely unable to figure out
> how to reassign the rexec's sys.stdout. The documentation for the
> rexec is a little, erm, thin, and the documentation within rexec.py
> doesn't seem to be much help.
>
> Does anyone else have experience with rexec, or have pointers to good
> documentation on how to use it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> scott

Every oak tree started out as a