[Tutor] Learning about other languages by using Python [S

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:26:15 +0200

On  0, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> wrote:
> Care to point out a really good Scheme language reference online?  I should
> write one of those myself.  I missed out on all of the fun reasons people took
> CS.

No, but if you want to learn the basics, try the Java applet text adventure at
http://www.eblong.com/zarf/zplet/lists.html . It's only two rooms, and you
can find 'A Simple Programmer's Reference to Scheme' in it :-). And do the
puzzles.

And I *still* can't do the last one, for which you have to wrap your brain
around recursion in several new and twisted ways. I don't think I can say I
grok Scheme before I crack that one, but no luck so far.

Hmm, that said, I seem to remember you knew Scheme already but was writing
an interpreter (that previous email was by you? i have no memory in the
morning) but it's still a cool link for everyone else - solve a text
adventure and learn a neat language :-)

--
Remco Gerlich