[Tutor] Python Tool for converting TeX to GIF

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio@openservices.net
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:48:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Stephan Richter wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> does anyone know about a tool in Python that will convert TeX to GIFs? I
> mean, it could use some other Unix commands too.
>
> I need it for a Web Site, where someone, can type a math expression using
> TEX and it is then converted, so it can be displayed.
>
> I could really use any hint, since I was out of luck searching through the Web.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>
> --
> Stephan Richter
> CBU - Physics and Chemistry Student
> Web2k - Web Design/Development & Technical Project Management

There's textogif:

  http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/textogif.html

but it has a lot of requirements. I couldn't find anything else for TeX ->
GIF.

You can also have a look at MathML. There are only a couple of browsers that
support it, but there are some MathML -> GIF converters out there.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>