[Tutor] Learning Python

Lloyd Kvam lkvam@venix.com
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 09:56:48 -0400

The % is probably a Unix or Linux prompt character.  Under Windows/Dos the prompt usually is >

You should be typing:
	python spam.py -i eggs -o bacon

Be sure you are doing this from the correct directory.

Breaking this down a bit:
	python		starts the pythoin interpreter
	spam.py		python program you want to run
	-i eggs		parameter to the program (maybe input??)
	-o bacon	parameter to the program (maybe output??)