[Tutor] More re IDLE in Linux---Thanks

Ajaya Babu ajaya@ncoretech.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:32:42 +0530

Thanks allot now I am havig good development environment on Linux too.., It
might have taken more time with out your help..,

Thanks and Regards,
Ajaya

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-admin@python.org [mailto:tutor-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of
Kirby Urner
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 8:19 PM
To: tutor@python.org
Cc: ajaya@ncoretech.com
Subject: [Tutor] More re IDLE in Linux

I should add that if you want to use IDLE in Linux
you may find that the default font it gives you is
too small.  You can mess with default fonts in some
defaults file to make it bigger.  Also, if you
./configure, make, make install a version of Python,
it may not put an IDLE in place for you automatically.
The files you download will have it in a subdirectory
of the original tarball called /Tools I think it is.
Use Linux 'find' (one suggestion) to locate the IDLE
stuff.  Then copy "it" (a whole subdirectory actually)
to the appropriate place on your directory tree.

Kirby