[Tutor] Newbie (Argument; built-in modules)

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@home.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:41:20 -0700 (PDT)

On 24-Sep-2001 runsun wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am pretty new to python (only 2 days old). Can some one point some
> directions for the following "puzzles" (to me they are :) ) :
>
> 1.
>
> How can I pass arguments to a cgi from a browser url address box ?
> For example, you type

better stated "how do cgi's work?".  Do a web search (www.google.com is your
friend) there are plenty of cgi docs out there.  Every language handles them in
mostly the same way.  There are also a python module or two for cgi handling.

> 2.
>
> Where can I find a reference for all the built-in modules ?

On www.python.org in the Documentation area.  If you use UNIX there is also the
Info docs.  Another place for help is to actually look at the python modules
installed on your system.  Under linux they should be in /usr/lib/python...
I have a /usr/lib/python1.5/cgi.py on my system.  Reading these .py files can
also help you understand python better.