[Tutor] Instantiating classes

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:38:30 -0500

On Sunday, March 31, 2002, at 09:05  PM, Kirby Urner wrote:

> so a next step towards
> realism in a sandbox would be to use MySQL or something
> similar (Python quite capable of serving as a front end)

Two things:

(1) Use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL if you're working with financial
data, since it contains support for transactions and I think triggers --
stuff I haven't experience with  yet

(2) I use and love MySQL (perfect for just about anything else, and I
think transaction support is coming soon) -- what's the Python module
that will provide me with functions to access it?

Thanks

Erik