[Tutor] SQL databases

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:32:58 -0600

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 02:21:45PM -0800, Britt Green wrote:
| I know this is quite offtopic, but I'm hoping someone can point me in
| the right direction. Basically, what are the differences between the
| various databases that run under Linux? I'm starting a small website
| and would like to use a DB to keep track of various things, and
| integrate it with Python.
|
| So as a complete newbie to databases, could someone give me some hints?

    http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3
    http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3

In addition to traditional SQL RDBMSes there's ZODB, DB3 (aka Berkely
DB, aka DBM), and plain old pickle, depending on your needs.

What do you need to do with your db?

-D

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.