[Tutor] command line

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:43:16 -0500

On Monday, April 1, 2002, at 05:32  PM, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

> Absolutely. It is a great prototyping language, great
> for experimenting and great for scripting. For occasional
> users like me (I only program for a few hours each week)
> its perfect. If you want to take an idea to production
> level you can do that too. It only runs out of steam on
> the very biggest of projects or on the highest performance
> cases - Once you know you need that performance thens a
> good time to wheel in the hard core C++ gyys to rewrite
> the critical bits - and python is the pseudo code :-)

Really?  I mean, it's obviously more complicated than that, but can you
for the most part map C++ to Python codeblock-for-codeblock?

I'm liking Python more and more the more I learn about it.  I was sold
on the interpreter (nothing like an interpreter to help you see what's
going on in your programs!), but now I'm learning about classes and it
seems to be a pretty neat feature that PHP doesn't really have (it
imitates classes somehow but they are limited).

Erik