[Tutor] Cheating?No, not me:-)

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:38:22 -0600

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 10:42:58PM +0200, Nicole Seitz wrote:
| Am Sonntag, 24. M=E4rz 2002 23:01 schrieb dman:
| >
| > | For people who are interested: here's a similar problem: "Given a text
| > | file and an integer K, you are to print the K most common words in the
| > | file (and the number of their occurences) in decreasing frequency."
| >
| > <cheater's hint>
| > Search the tutor archives.  With only a couple minor modifications the
| > answer is already there.
| > </cheater's hint>
|=20
| Some hint WHERE in the archives I could find the answer?Month?Year?

I don't remember, but try googling for :
    python tutor word count slow perl

which yields this as the second result :
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2001-February/003403.html

apparently it was February 1, 2001.

Enjoy :-).

-D

--=20

Failure is not an option.  It is bundled with the software.